Ready…get set…go!! 7 TIPS TO TRACKING YOUR NETWORKING ACTIVITY
What gets measured gets improved. –Robin Sharma
Grant Cardone and Napoleon Hill motivate us to write down our goals twice daily.
Those who only do what they feel like doing, don’t do much. To be successful you must take action even when you don’t feel like it knowing that the action itself will provide the motivation you need to follow through. –Hal Elrod
You may have heard the aforementioned sayings over and over, but have you actually taken any time at all to think about their exact meaning and how to put them into action? I’m guessing, maybe a little here and there. What if 2016 were different? What if you began January 2016 with the intention to measure all your networking activity for the entire year? What do you think would happen?
What are your networking goals for 2016? Here is a list of mine. Feel free to tweak them to fit your business needs.
- Attend three networking events per week. (40 of 52 weeks)
- Show up at least 10 minutes early to said three networking events per week. (See BIZ BIT #1 in the EspressoBrain Biz Bits App in your App Store)
- Set four one-on-one or two-on-one meetings per week of those I meet by attending three networking events per week.
- Set the above mentioned meeting as I am attending the particular event if possible. (This will save time of having to make a phone call thus saving time which can be utilized for past prospects.)
- Make five prospecting calls per business day.
- Do a little homework on the networking event to find out who will be attending and make it a point to meet a particular person/business.
- Do a quarterly evaluation of where I am spending my time networking. Is my ideal client there? Is it a good referral network for me and those in attendance? Do I enjoy the event, etc?
Keep in mind that you don’t work for free so when attending events seek someone who will “pay” for your time there. (Side note, when I say “pay” it doesn’t necessarily mean they will become your client or customer, but they might lead you to one or provide other than monetary value to your business.)
Happy Networking in 2016!!